Bowie State University is actively monitoring the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus. Get the latest university-wide updates.
The Wellness Center is open and accepting appointments for in-person and telehealth visits. Flu shots are now available as well.
Please call (301) 860-4170 to schedule an appointment. Students will be charged a $5 no-show fee if they do not cancel their appointment 24 hours ahead of time.
The Henry Wise Wellness Center provides students with easily accessible and confidential primary care services in a supportive and compassionate environment.
Mandatory Student Health Requirements
- Mandatory Health Requirements: Find out about student immunization requirements.
- Health Forms: Access important allergy and immunization forms.
- Patient Portal: Update your medical histories or upload your immunization record.
- Allergy and Immunology - Flu and Tetanus vaccinations
- Lab services - Limited onsite Quest Diagnostic Laboratory tests available by appointment
- Nutrition Lounge
- Pharmacy services - Limited prescriptive and over the counter medications provided
- Primary Care - Evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses;
- Sexual Assault/Intimate Partner Violence Counseling
- Sports / academic physical
- STI/HIV Screenings
- Wellness Counseling
- Women's Health - Examinations such as pregnancy testing, well woman exams, and contraception counseling
- Student Health Insurance Information: Students are encouraged to maintain health insurance coverage. Those who are not covered under their parents’ health insurance can sign up for individual coverage under the Affordable Care Act.